So here's the version I dedicate to Mike P and Josh C, whose attention spans would never, ever make it through what I plan to post tomorrow, although all the mamas and grandmamas out there who have been following every FB status update will appreciate the rich detail of tomorrow's version.
What I didn't want:
- C-section, because why have major surgery if it can be avoided?
- Induction, because it so often leads to escalating pain and medical intervention
- Pain meds, not trying to be a hero, but I wanted to be fully alert when our son entered the world
- A healthy baby, period
- God's timing for the baby to come, no matter how excrutiating the wait (and it was!)
- Peace in the journey, without feeling pressured to make decisions for myself or the baby that we weren't at peace about
|Samuel Wesley Otieno, five days old|