17 April 2009

I know I'm not the first, but...

I have to talk about it. I've tried to resist, but I can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Susan freaking Boyle.

I admit that I'm a reality TV junkie. It's my guilty pleasure, although I've never really gotten into the American Idol, etc. genre. The main reason is that my heart hurts for those people in the first few weeks who are trying to pursue their dream and are put on television to be mocked and laughed at, ala William Hung.

For this woman to get up on stage, singing Les Miserables of all things, and not just live her dream, but blow it out of the water...just beautiful. It's one of those moments that makes me a bit more optimistic about the state of the world.

There is beauty in this world...
A beautiful voice singing a beautiful song...
A beautiful, brave spirit in a normal, average woman...
And there is redemption and grace even in reality television! Who knew?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well geez, i got all teary!
that was beautiful :)